The DevOps Engineer role is an integral part of the software delivery team within TeachForward, helping to ensure that products are successful, and that delivered solutions solve our customers’ business needs.
What you’ll be working on
At TeachForward you’ll be working on products that educators rely on every single day to further their professional development. Your work will impact teaching and learning in the U.S. and throughout the world. You’ll be working with a specialized team of developers and QA professionals with a reputation for delivering quality products on time. Our team is top-notch, and we want you to make it even better.
This DevOps Engineer position will be primarily focused on working with the development teams to evolve, monitor, and support our cloud infrastructure. You will be working with technical leadership to build and support CI/CD pipelines across all product lines and application environments. You will be part of the team responsible for building out the application monitoring and alerting tools along with troubleshooting alerts and participating in the design of the solution.
On any given day you may:
- Create, update and manage CI/CD pipelines
- Work on solutions for metrics, monitoring and alerting
- Make improvements to reduce time to recovery from operational failures
- Identify opportunities to enhance the security of infrastructure, applications, and data
- Collaborate with development team members and other stakeholders to provide value from increasing observability of applications
- Automate, standardize (and/or document) manual/repetitive operational tasks
- Review pull requests and provide constructive feedback
- Dig into system issues to understand and fix the cause, not the symptom
- Actively participate in identifying and deciding between tactical and strategic solutions
What you bring to the table
You are a DevOps engineer with experience working with cloud providers. You can work independently to get things done while collaborating with others on architectural and process decisions. You demonstrate an understanding of cloud infrastructure security, monitoring, and alerting. You are comfortable with giving and receiving feedback from your teammates and others in the organization. You can think on your feet and conceptualize what needs to be done from incomplete and evolving requirements. You hit deadlines and communicate effectively.
The successful candidate will also have 3+ years of experience with:
- Amazon Web Services
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform, CloudFormation and similar or related tools)
- Creating and managing CI/CD pipelines
- Systems monitoring and alerting
- Application and platform optimization
- Production support and troubleshooting
TeachForward is a remote company, so members of the team have the flexibility to live and work from anywhere in the United States. Therefore, we will consider anyone who is a good fit, can travel on occasion for in-person meetings, and is authorized to work in the United States.
This is a full-time salaried position with paid vacation and holidays. We offer medical, dental, and vision insurance. We also have a 401-K plan with a company match. The annual salary range for this position is $110,000 - $150,000 USD.
How to apply
We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace diversity. Our ability to develop high-quality products depends on having a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and talents.
If this position interests you, please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include [Devops Engineer] in the subject of the email. If we think you may be a good fit, we will contact you with the next step in the application process. We look forward to hearing from you and seeing your work.